How come I am not getting emails from my players when they fill out the Web Entry Form?
There could be many different reasons for this. Unless your players are being directed to an error page after filling out the form then the email has been sent.
Here are some possibilities of what could have happened:
- Email addresses are not correct (logs show this is actually the number one reason for not getting emails)
- Emails are being sent to a SPAM folder (Yahoo! and Gmail. Here is a common Google search)
- Your Internet provider (ISP) is blocking emails sent from the form (They treat it as SPAM). Contact them to find out why they are doing this. They should never be filtering emails without your knowledge.
- Your ISP is blocking emails sent from the player filling out the form (e.g. Hotmail accounts seem to cause problems for some ISPs)
- You (or someone you know) has set up a SPAM filter on your end and the emails are not getting through.
- The name of the bracket can also produce errors and the receiving ISP will block them. A typical error that would occur would be something like this:
554 5.7.1 The message from (<email@example.com>) with the subject of (Bracket: <insert cute but spam filtered name here> matches a profile the Internet community may consider spam. Please revise your message before resending.
Be sure to run tests before sending out your web form link to your players so you can help prevent problems once the tournament begins.
Tip: Try using Google's Gmail and then filter these emails so they are sent to your other email addresses. In addition, be sure to select the "Not SPAM" option.
Here is a link on how to set up filters in Gmail: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en